Friday, December 22, 2006

Alcatraz

Stephen had to fly to the bay area in California for work this week so I decided to tag along with him. After spending a couple days in a hotel room while he worked I was excited to get out and about today.

We were in San Francisco over the 4th of July and saw most of the touristy stuff then. The one thing I wanted to do in July that I wasn't able to was to go out to Alcatraz. So, that was the first item on our agenda today. The tour was really interesting and the boat ride over wasn't nearly as cold as we had anticipated. After visiting Alcatraz we made the necessary stop at Boudin bakery to pick up a few loaves of sourdough bread to bring back home with us and a couple of the best sandwiches you can find. I had bay shrimp salad on a sourdough roll. Mmmmm...

The remainder of the afternoon was spent driving down California Highway 1 - the pacific coast highway. It's a gorgeous drive but unfortunately we ran out of sunlight. I think we may drive back up to San Francisco that way on Sunday when we return to the airport. Hopefully I'll be able to get some better photos then.

We are staying the next two nights in Carmel-by-the-Sea. It's a small town on the coast just south of Montery. The town is filled with art galleries and boutique shops. I plan to see them all tomorrow! :) In the meantime, enjoy a few photos from today...

View Alcatraz Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie! Way to post!!! It's been a while. :-)

Cool pics. I love Cali. Sure wish it wasn't going to fall into the ocean...

Merry Christmas!!!

WE ALL LOVE THE JELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!