Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Halls Have Been Decked... kinda


Working full-time and doubling up on classes has proven to be a little much to tackle during the holidays. As many of you know, I am usually knee deep in creating handmade gifts and creative Christmas messages by now and the Christmas tree would have been set up right before Thanksgiving.

Well, I finally found a few hours of time a few weeks ago to put up the tree. At this rate, the house should be in full Christmas spirit by Easter.

I do love my tree this year. I found a slim 9 foot tree that would fit in the front room without having to rearrange and remove the furniture. I added a few more berry and twig things this year, but the big change is the spanish moss. I collected a bunch of spanish moss during one of our hiking adventures at the ranch and used it as garland for the tree. I love it! - plus, it helps fill in all of the bare spots in the cheap tree.

Now... I wonder how I'm going to get all of that moss off the tree...

(click photos to view larger)

No comments: