Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Air Travel: Checked Baggage Policies

I just checked in for my flight back to Houston from Minnesota and discovered that Continental has changed their checked baggage policy to only allow for ONE bag checked at no cost. Checking a second bag will now cost you $25! I'm already paying increased fares because of gas prices and now they want to charge for baggage? This new policy is going to result in everyone (including me) trying to bring their second piece of luggage as a carry-on, increasing the time it takes to go through security and the hassle of gate-checked bags. Anyone want to make predictions on how long they keep this policy?

View new Continental checked baggage policy

2 comments:

Minnesota Girl said...

ugh, you're kidding!?!? your prediction is EXACTLY what will happen. as if i haven't been bonked over the head by enough carry on luggage to begin with. grrrr!

Disney Family said...

I say indefinitely - and here's my thought. Soon they will do away with peanuts and beverages. So - pack a carry-on full of snickers bars and sell them for 3 bucks a piece. ;-)