Wednesday, May 07, 2008

So, I'm a bit odd...

I still have to finish my business plan for my undergrad degree and I'm already thinking about grad school. (Don't worry fam, I'm not planning to jump into anything soon.) I have an absolute fascination with why people act the way they do. I suppose this is what attracted me to marketing and advertising. With my job I get to develop marketing pieces and monitor consumer reaction - my own sort of experiments I guess. Anyway, this fascination has created a desire to do graduate work in social psychology.

I found a story on cracked.com today that recaps experiments I saw a while ago in a documentary. The author puts his own spin on the interpretation and has used a bit of creative license in his writing, but you get the basic idea and its a fairly entertaining read. The article covers the exact types of experiments and research that I would like to do - though some of it would not be possible today and would be considered unethical.

The Miligram Experiment is one of the most fascinating. I saw video of this experiment in the documentary and you get a much better understanding by watching it than reading about it. I hadn't heard of the puppy version and don't approve of it for multiple reasons.

Click here to read the story.

No comments: