Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello Ike!

It looks like we will be impacted by the next hurricane in the gulf. We are on the north side of Houston and far enough away from the coast, but it is still predicted that we will feel hurricane force winds. All of the schools in the area have closed for tomorrow, so we will be heading out to the ranch this evening. I'm not expecting much damage in our area, but I am fairly certain we will lose power - and no air conditioning in Houston is NOT a fun time.

This afternoon will be spent packing up snacks and drinks for the road since I'm sure the trip will take us longer than usual due to evacuation traffic. We also need to haul everything from the backyard to the garage to keep it from blowing through the neighborhood. Stephen and Tyler will re-arrange furniture when Tyler gets home from school - moving my beloved breakfast table to the center of the house and away from windows and rain. Other than that, we just need to grab MaGoo, update the ipod with lots of Prairie Home Companion, and hit the road.

I'll keep y'all updated on Ike's visit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jeepers creepers...stay safe out there!

And, to bring some humor to the situation.... I thought it was funny when I read the sentence about Stephen and Tyler....


Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)...OK, I might be the only one that thinks that is funny