Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Growth Spurt

It's amazing what a difference two weeks can make at this point. I'm now 34 weeks, 4 days. Two weeks ago I could move around freely and make it up the stairs without needing a break. Oh, the good 'ol days. Now, I can no longer see my feet and if something is dropped on the floor I contemplate how badly I really need it. Two weeks ago the baby floated around and gave me little kicks. Now, she has lodged her head in my pelvis and sticks her butt in my ribs and pushes. Ouch. 

We had an ultrasound today to check her position (she was breech at 32 weeks) and check her size. She has turned head down, but she is measuring a bit big. I won't know how big until next Tuesday at my OB appointment. Since I have gestational diabetes, my OB wants to watch the baby's size to make sure I don't end up trying to give birth to a toddler. During the ultrasound we also saw all four chambers of her heart beating away, lots of hair on her head floating in the amniotic fluid, and movement of her diaphragm as she was practicing breathing. Very cool. She squirmed for us a few times - she didn't like the tech poking at her head. We were sent home with a couple more pictures of her that I have posted below. 

No comments: