Monday, January 16, 2012

Playing with Food

This morning started with screaming, tantrums, and general crabbiness (not just the kids). I never would have guessed the memory we would make shortly thereafter. Once everyone had calmed down (and I had my cup of coffee), I took both kids up to the game room to play. I was hoping a change in location would equal a change in mood. Brenna went to her play kitchen and prepared a big bowl of wooden vegetables for our "lunch" then sat down next to me on the floor. Marshall crawled over by us and instead of Brenna flipping out over him touching her stuff, she gave him a spoon. I watched as together they mixed the bowl of veggies. No screaming. No pushing. Just calm playing. Then, without being prompted, Marshall scooped his spoon though the bowl, moved it to my mouth, and fed me a delicious bite of pretend lunch. :) The three of us sat there and fed each other one of the best lunches I can remember.

No comments: