Saturday, February 11, 2012

Time Out for an Adventure

I have so much to get done today and the tension just kept building all morning as I was trying to complete tasks. At noon I finally gave up and decided that we all just needed to get out of the house. I loaded both kids into the stroller and walked up to Chick-fil-a for lunch. This probably doesn't sound like much of an adventure to most people, but with two unpredictable children anything can be an adventure. Both kids made it through the 20 minute walk without any major meltdowns. We ate in the restaurant - which was a first (we usually just drive through). Brenna was fascinated by the indoor play structure and willingly choked down a piece of chicken to get to go play. After that, we ran a couple quick errands at the shopping center then headed toward home. One last stop at the neighborhood park to wear off any energy that may be left, and now we are all in bed for a late nap time. :) I'm glad I took the time out. It didn't help with my to do list, but our impromptu adventure was much more fun for everyone than my cleaning rampage in the house this morning.

No comments: