Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Year Ago Today

At this time exactly a year ago I was cuddling with my new baby boy in the hospital. I can't believe it has been a year already. This has been the fastest year of my life and time doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. It was a wonderful year, but part of me can't help but be sad that my babies are growing up so fast. I'm excited for the new phases to come and know that I will be forced to say goodbye to others. Every night at bedtime I hold and hug Brenna and Marshall because I know that there will be a day where they won't want me to... and I'm sure that day will come too soon.

In celebration of his birthday, Marshall began a new phase. He has always been a climber, but today I caught him scaling the stairs with Brenna. Both of them were giggling and crawling up the steps. By the time I realized it, he was already up to the landing. This boy has no fear. I'm afraid of the bumps and bruises we are going to see with him. Brenna was, and still is, so cautious. Marshall does not share that trait with his sister.

As much as I wish time would slow down, I do so enjoy watching Brenna and Marshall grow up together. You can tell already that they love each other. Marshall giggles so much with Brenna and Brenna tells me that he is her "favorite." They are starting to play together - when Brenna isn't yelling at him for touching her stuff. I'm sure both will continue for many years.

I can't imagine my life without both of my children. To be completely honest, this past year has been difficult with two small children, but I would not trade it for anything. Watching them together, hearing them giggle, seeing Brenna try to teach Marshall... it all makes the difficult times totally worth it.

A year ago...

Meeting Marshall

Kisses for her new brother

Cuddling with my baby boy

Today...
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Brenna decorating a cupcake

Such a happy guy!

No comments: